The month of February is a good time to consider taking “Vitamin-L”, as in LOVE. A daily dose of self-love will motivate you to take care of yourself and create healthy habits. If we practiced loving ourselves unconditionally every day, we would never beat ourselves up for not being perfect, sabotage a good diet with binge eating, or deplete our energy and spirit with too much work and no play. Now that’s something you could put your arms around!
Five Action Steps to Cultivate more Vitamin-L in your Life:
- Anticipate your needs. We make our worst food choices when we’re tired or hungry. Instead of skipping meals or getting dehydrated, take a healthy snack and water bottle wherever you go.
- Indulge yourself with sleep:Research proves there is a strong correlation between sleep deprivation and weight gain. Your brain will also function better with more sleep.
- Carve out time to move.Figure out what kind of exercise you like and schedule it into your day; that’s a great way to make it a habit.
- Get rid of the temptation.Remove all the unhealthy food in your cabinets and freezer, and replace with low-sugar, non-processed food.
- Lose the negative thoughts.Ask yourself instead, what is one small step I could take to improve myself?
If you’d like to discuss how to take action in your routine, please email me at Sharon@recipeforahealthylife.com and we can set up a free phone consultation.