At the moment I’m loving super easy treats you can whizz up and have in the freezer, ready for these gorgeous sunny summer days we are having at the moment. I’m talking about a delicious crunchy base, a creamy chocolate ‘cheesecake’ filling with a dash of jam, topped with a cheeky drizzle and extra crunch – these high protein treats are sure to be a hit in the sunshine!
For the base –
- ½ can chickpeas or butterbeans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons rice crispies
- 3 tablespoons granola
For the filling –
- 6 small teaspoons of jam
- 200g soft cheese (can be dairy-free)
- 100g natural yogurt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons sweetener
To drizzle –
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon smooth nut butter
- Granola and freeze-dried raspberries, to sprinkle
- Blend the butterbeans or chickpeas in your Ninja Kitchen food processor with the nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla until thick and mostly smooth. Stir in the rice crispies and granola and mix well to combine.
- Divide between a 6-hole silicone muffin tin and press down – it should fill up to ⅓. Add a teaspoon of jam in the middle of each.
- Blend the soft cheese, yogurt, cocoa powder and sweetener then spread this over each cup to reach the top and cover the jam.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours until set – then pop out of the freezer and enjoy!