Image courtesy facebook.com/obonclintonville
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Old Bag of Nails announced on social media this week that its Clintonville location at 4416 N. High St. has closed permanently. No reason was given for the closure, and no other locations seem to be affected.
- Saba Columbus, a halal Middle Eastern fast casual, has opened a stall at the East Market. Saba lets you build your own plates or pita using a variety of meats, veggies, and dressings.
- The Kilbourne Market reopens under new ownership starting next week Thursday, May 18. The market had been owned for the past few years by the families behind the Kilbourne Project, who are working to restore the small town. The new market owners also own Roop Brothers Bar in Delaware. The market is located at 5620 State Route 521.
- The Pearl Market returns for the season starting next week Tuesday, May 16. It will run every Tuesday and Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Sunlight Market returns every third Sunday from May to October (starting May 21) and the Moonlight Market returns the second Saturday of every month, starting this Saturday, May 13.
- Giant Eagle opened its newly renovated Market District in Westerville this week. The store is located at 650 N. State St.
- This Saturday, May 13 at 9 a.m. Rose Dough Donuts hosts a Donut + Yoga fundraiser benefiting the Clintonville Beechwold Resources Center. The class will be held outside CRC’s administrative offices at 3222 N. High St.
- Korean fried chicken spot 92 Chicken announced last week that it has rebranded as Mashida Chicken. Mashida currently has two locations, one in Delaware and Westerville.
- This Monday, May 15 is National Slider Day, and White Castle is offering free cheese sliders to customers who download and present this coupon.
This week I’m also writing:
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.