There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Thanks to Columbus Food Adventures, we learned that a new Somali-owned restaurant and bakery called Safia Sweets & Kitchen opened at 2375 Silver Dr., in the former Big Boy next to Historic Crew Stadium. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the eatery features a blend of Somali, Italian, and American dishes.
- The gang from Jennings Java Coffee Roasters just launched a Kickstarter to fund their new retail shop. They’re making the move from their Front Street roastery to the old Bake Me Happy space at 116 E. Moler St. in Merion Village.
- In case you missed the news, Athens’ Bagel Street Deli opened a cart on the patio of the forthcoming Jackie O’s on Fourth (which opens fully next Friday, May 5). Read all about the cart here!
- The Kee, a giant new entertainment complex downtown, held its grand opening last weekend. Located at 225 Neilston Ave., The Kee features arcades, gaming areas, performance venues, galleries, and a couple of lounges and restaurants.
- A new carryout-only cafe and bakery called Winn Winn Cafe is coming this spring to 1212 E. Third Ave. in Fifth By Northwest.
- The owner of Bodega in the Short North revealed that he is converting an apartment at the back of the space into a cocktail bar called Apt. B.
- Tickets for the next pop-up dinner from And Friends will go on sale next week Wednesday, May 3. The event is June 3 and will feature chef and restaurateur Sangeeta Lakhani of Service Relief Kitchen and formerly of The Table.
- A pop-up from Australian-based Karen’s Diner, known for its comically rude service, is making a tour stop somewhere in Columbus Sept. 23-24.
- North Country Charcuterie and Black Radish Creamery both took home Good Food Awards this past weekend, North Country for its waygu beef bacon and Black Radish for its raclette and its Bandit red cheddar. Read the full winners here.
- Multiple sources have reported that Shaquille O’Neal’s fast casual fried chicken chain Big Chicken plans to open franchised locations in Columbus, although there’s no word yet where they’ll go.
- Aardvark Wine & Beer and Subourbon Southern Kitchen & Spirits are hosting a four-course wine pairing dinner next week Tuesday, May 2. Read more about it here.
This week I’m also writing:
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.